Trusted Divorce Mediation in Belleville, IL
At the Wilson, Dabler & Associates, L.L.C., we are proud to offer the services of two professional family law mediators who are also family law attorneys in Belleville, IL. We offering divorce mediation services that can save you headaches and money.
We’ve mediated parental responsibility allocation cases (formerly referred to as child custody cases) since 1993, giving us in-depth insight into this area of practice.We also stay abreast of cutting-edge developments such as the possibility of using collaborative mediation instead of traditional mediation. We are uniquely able to help divorcing couples use the mediation process to save time and money and minimize stress.
The Benefits of Divorce Mediation in Belleville, IL
Over the years, mediation has been proven to be very beneficial in many ways. For many people who are separating and divorcing, it tends open up the options for a collaborative divorce, helping them:
- Save money — Mediation is often far less expensive than a contested hearing in the divorce court system. Plus, both parties split the mediator’s hourly rate, which makes it even less costly than hiring separate lawyers.
- Save time — Mediation is typically far quicker than litigation. You may have to wait a long time for a court hearing, but you can schedule mediation sessions whenever they work for you. In fact, at our law firm, we offer a very flexible appointment schedule so that parents rarely have to take time off work to attend the mediation sessions. Our mediators work around your schedule, offering both daytime and evening appointments.
- Offer more control — Instead of entrusting the outcome of the divorce case to a random judge who doesn’t know you or your family, mediation gives you the opportunity to craft an agreement that you can live with.
- Minimize stress — You will get a chance to talk in a controlled environment with a professional skilled in family law matters, making the process more informal and less intense than litigation. Litigated divorces can often times be stressful experiences for all involved. Minimizing the conflict with divorce mediation makes it easier on you and your children alike.
- Develop communication skills — Mediation can also help you learn to communicate better and with less hostility, which can be important when you have years of co-parenting ahead of you.
Learn About Mediation for Divorce and Family Law Services
If appointed by the court, our mediators will seek to help you reach a resolution that brings closure in your divorce settlement and allows you to move past the marriage or paternity relationship to a healthy future. We use our skills as divorce mediators to act as a neutral third party, helping facilitate dispute resolution and making the divorce process a more collaborative endeavor. A mediator for divorce can help you resolve all aspects of divorce, including: marital property division, child custody, and even dissolving civil unions.
However, our office will not be able to be both a mediator and an attorney representing one of the parties, as this is a conflict of interest.
To learn more about our divorce mediation services or to speak to a divorce attorney, please call our Belleville office today at 618-235-1600.