Skilled Family Law Mediators
The Many Benefits Of Mediation
Over the years, mediation has been proven to be very beneficial in many ways. For many people, it tends to:
- Save money — Mediation is often far less expensive than a contested hearing in court. Plus, both parties split the mediator’s hourly rate, which makes it even less costly than hiring separate lawyers.
- Save time — Mediation is typically far quicker than litigation. You may have to wait a long time for a court hearing, but you can schedule mediation sessions whenever they work for you. In fact, at our law firm, we offer a very flexible appointment schedule so that parents rarely have to take time off work to attend the mediation sessions. We offer both daytime and evening appointments.
- Offer more control — Instead of entrusting the outcome of the case to a random judge who doesn’t know you or your family, mediation gives you the opportunity to craft an agreement that you can live with.
- Minimize stress — You will get a chance to talk in a controlled environment with a professional skilled in family law matters, making the process more informal and less adversarial than litigation. Minimizing the conflict makes it easier on you and your children alike.
- Develop communication skills — Mediation can also help you learn to communicate better and with less hostility, which can be important when you have years of co-parenting ahead of you.
Learn More About Our Services
If appointed by the court, our mediators will seek to help you reach a resolution that brings closure and allows you to move past the marriage or paternity relationship to a healthy future. However, our office will not be able to be both a mediator and an attorney representing one of the parties, as this is a conflict.
To learn more about our services in this area, please call our Belleville office today at 888-449-9575, or contact us online.